Grants & funding are needed for sprinkler systems that we have been informed are now a requirement in all of our group homes. Upon learning of this requirement, I sent a letter to the Fire Inspector’s office in an attempt to appeal the decision. Unfortunately, the appeal was denied due to legislative requirements. In one of our Southside Jacksonville locations, our in-ground pool is also in need of major repairs. Our vulnerable population would also greatly benefit from hardwired backup generator systems in each home. Reliable vans are needed to transport our individuals to and from their Day Training sites, medical appointments and community outings.
We are always in need of cleaning supplies, paper towels, office supplies, air freshener plug-ins, trash bags, laundry detergent, toilet paper, copier paper, hand soap, hand sanitizer, gift cards (Publix, Winn-Dixie, Wal-Mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, Staples or Office Depot).
Our agency has been operating since June 2007. We merged with another non-profit agency in February 2016 and changed our organization entity type to non-profit. We have 6 group home locations in Jacksonville, FL: 3 on the Westside, 2 on the Southside & 1 on the Northside/Downtown area. Our day training site is located on the Southside. All addresses and capacity for each are below:
- 1845 W 6th St., Jacksonville, FL 32209- Licensed capacity 5
- 4631 Wood Ave Jacksonville, FL 32207- Licensed capacity 5
- 5878 Grace Lane Ave Jacksonville, FL 32210- Licensed capacity 6
- 8709 Springtree Rd Jacksonville, FL 32210- Licensed capacity 5
- 2489 Justin Rd E Jacksonville, FL 32210- Licensed capacity 5
- 9760 Bradley Rd Jacksonville, FL 32246- Licensed capacity 6
- 7576 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32217- Training Site & Administrative office
Thank you in advance for your volunteered time & willingness to help with our mission. Your consideration is greatly appreciated! Have a great day on purpose!